Building works Bridge-CW.jpg
building of women house in Ait Ouham village-CW.jpg
Nomadic sponsored football team-CW.jpg
Winter supplies-CW.jpg
The finished School-CW.jpg
Mens Sponsored football team-CW.jpg
happy-donkey cw.jpg

community support and nomadic School Tours..

Nomadic, and our sister company Nomadic School Tours, is proud to be working with the Ait Ouham Association for Development, a local grass roots organisation based in the Atlas Mountains. One of the Associations main goals is to help alleviate the poor infrastructure in the school and around the village. For the past 11 years, Nomadic and Nomadic School Tours have donated £5 per passenger per booking to help the Association achieve its goals.

One major project we are incredibly proud of is the building of a bridge over the river running through the village. In the past the water would rise in the winter months and cut off the villagers from each other. Nomadic and Ait Ouham Association approached the local council and government and successfully convinced them to contribute 75% of the cost to build the bridge. Nomadic contributed the other 25% (the total budget of the project was 210,000dhs) then worked with the Association to project manage the bridge construction. Now, in the winter months, life is easier as access is maintained between families and villagers.

Our support of the Association has also helped to build much needed bathrooms for the village school, provide food supplies to all 110 families of the village during the harsh winters of 2015 and 2016, the Association was able to dedicate a room within their offices specifically for first aid supplies and emergency medical supplies, we helped create a library at the headquarters of the Association for the students of the village, a pre-school was startedfor 4 - 6 year olds and all books were provided and a teacher was given a salary and most recently the Association was able to help the Nomads vaccinate their flocks after a hard year. Nomadic is also the proud sponsor of the village football team which was able to participate in the local centre valley tournament.

If you would like any further information about the Ait Ouham Association for Development or would like to help with a contribution of your own, please contact us at or call us on 0118 973 7011.

Jarjeer Mule and Donkey Refuge

Recently, in conjunction with our Animal Welfare Policy, Nomadic has decided to financially suport Jarjeer Mule and Donkey Refuge. Jarjeer Mules is a retirement home, orphanage and care centre for working equines in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains near Marrakech. The team works with local people offering support not only to equines but also to children and adults who want to learn more about equine care.